I’m Isaac. I’ve been studying music pretty much since I was born.
My principal musical interests include:
- Jewish musical traditions
- Klezmer, of course
- Middle Eastern Jewish music
- Liturgical music “nusach”
- Music for reading the Bible “trope”
- Western tradition “classical” music
- High Baroque era (up to the death of Bach)
- Classical era (up to the death of Beethoven)
- Early Romantic era (up until Wagner started ruining everything)
- Late 60s experimental rock
- The Beatles (favorite album “Revolver”)
- The Who (favorite album “Tommy”)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience (favorite album “Axis: Bold as Love”)
If I were any character in Peanuts I would be Schroeder because I just want to be left alone with my piano and my Beethoven.
Favorite musical fact – the Morse code for the letter V is “dot dot dot dash”. This is the rhythmic pattern of the opening of Beethoven’s fifth symphony, and “V” is 5 in Roman numerals. Coincidence?